Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's a......

BOY!

A big boy too! He is measuring over a week big, but they aren't changing my due date. He isn't developing faster, he's just bigger. I don't even know what to do with a big
boy. Jackson was always so tiny! Other than being big, everything looked totally normal and healthy, which is, of course, the most important thing. (BTW, What you see in this picture is mostly umbilical cord, not junk) When she told us it was a boy, Eric and I just kinda looked at each other and shrugged. Yes, we are a little bit disappointed, but just to be clear, that in no way has anything to do with our love for our baby boy. We are just disappointed that we will never get to experience what it's like to raise a girl. And I'm thrilled for Jackson. I think there is a very special bond between same sex siblings that you can't get with opposite sex sibs. And seriously. Little boys love their mamas like no one else can. When we got home from our appointment I sat down on the couch and had myself a little pity party. Jackson went into the kitchen, got some Froot Loops, and came over to me and started feeding me Froot Loops. It feels good to know that my boys will always take care of me :)

Oh, and here's the limerick:
There once was a family of Best
Growing their brood was their quest
Adding one more
To make a family of four
A baby BOY will fill up their nest!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, your limerick was outstanding. Seriously, very cute!

    Another boy means you stay queen of the castle! They will always look out for their mama.

    ReplyDelete