Wednesday, March 23, 2011

20 Weeks

Baby's size: One site says a cantaloupe. One says a banana. Those are very different shapes, but I think the point is the length. About 6 1/2 inches long, from head to bottom, and 10.6 ounces.

Belly size: About 36" around my belly.

Cravings: I've been eating lots of strawberries this week, but that's probably because they were on sale and were really good. I always like those though. I also went on a late night craving trip to get magic shell and ice cream the other night. I actually went in my pajama pants and slippers even.

Mood: Pretty good. After my initial pity party on Thursday, I've been feeling good. I've had lots of time to myself this week. At first it was really nice, but now it's kinda lonely.

Symptoms: My back has been bothering me more and more. I've definitely got the waddle going, which is silly because it's not because of my big belly, like most pregnant people, but because my back is in pain. I've noticed my acid reflux acting up at night too, but it's nothing a couple Tums can't get rid of.

Go to clothing: I had my Gap and Old Navy "give and get" 30% off coupon this weekend, so I thought I'd give The Gap maternity section a try for some jeans. I was almost in tears by the time I left. First of all, I was hungry, which never helps my mood. Second of all, there was no one there to help me. Usually when I get there, I'm accosted by employees shoving clothes down my throat. But apparently in the maternity section it's every woman for herself, because no one even came back there the whole time. I found a couple pairs to try on and they were still too big in the hips. I gave up and went to a local specialty maternity shop. They were putting me in $200 jeans THAT STILL DIDN'T FIT! No thanks. Even if they fit perfectly, I'm not spending that kind of money on pants I'll wear for a few more months. I went home defeated. The next day, while my coupon was still good, I went across the city to an Old Navy with a maternity section. I was able to find a pair of jeans that are better than any other ones I've tried on. So I bought them. After wearing them for a couple hours, they stretched out pretty good and are already saggy, but I guess they are better than nothing.

Sleep:
I've been sleeping fine. I've been staying up really late every night finishing up projects for a craft show this weekend, so I'm usually so exhausted by the time it's time for bed, falling asleep isn't an issue.

Baby movement: Lots of little kicks now. Especially after I eat. Sometimes I get some pretty hard kicks, which is always weird feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I ordered some meternity pants from Ann Taylor Loft and am impressed with how they fit. Maybe their jeans would be good too?

    ReplyDelete