Wednesday, March 9, 2011

18 weeks



Baby's size: A Bell Pepper. Weighs almost 7 ounces and is about 5 1/2 inches from head to bottom.

Belly size:
About 35" around my belly. Yep, I got almost 2 inches bigger this past week. And I feel at least that much bigger.


Cravings: As stated in last week's update, chocolate covered marshmallows continue to reign! I found this new kind that I'm totally loving! I haven't had much of an appetite still, and have found myself being pretty picky about what sounds good. (unless it's a marshmallow dipped in chocolate)

Mood: Eh, as far as my "mood" I guess I've been in a really good mood, most of the time. But I've definitely had my moments. Like Saturday night, for example. I was already upset about having to cancel my gender reveal party (for a total legit reason...Eric and Jackson are going to visit family in Ohio, which really needs to happen right now. I was just upset about having to cancel it and wasn't crazy about how everything was shaking down, and was uber hormonal to boot) and Jackson was being super whiney at the dinner table. So I just sat there and cried during dinner. And then went downstairs for a few minutes to gather myself again. After a good night's sleep, I was better.

Symptoms: Lots of Braxton Hicks still. Sometimes they are borderline painful, so I will probably mention it at my next doctor's visit, although I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. They tend to happen when I sit down, which is weird, because usually sitting or laying down is what makes most people's go away. I've noticed that my ability to do certain physical things is lacking. Like hands and knees mopping the floor. I mopped our entire first floor Sunday (including wiping down the base boards). That will probably be the last time those base boards see a rag until after this baby is born! I'm still sore!

Go to clothing: Okay, I broke down and bought a pair of
maternity jeans at Target today. I haven't been able to button my non-maternity jeans for a few days now :( I have some from my previous pregnancy, but 1) I wasn't crazy about them the first time around. They were too short and baggy in the butt then, so they still are now. And 2) I'm even smaller this time around (as far as weight...not belly size) so they really are too big in the butt, and just generally not cute. The ones I got from Target today will work and are decent, but I'm certainly not in love with them. They are still a little baggy and short, so I really can only wear flats or flip flops with them. A friend of mine is lending me her maternity clothes, most of which are from The Gap. There were a couple pairs of jeans in there, and they fit great, except that they are about 3 inches too short. The ones in this picture are a pair from The Gap that are her's, so I just rolled them up and called them capris today. This is the best fitting pair of maternity jeans I have, and, as you can see, they are still huge in the butt. I don't know, I guess I'm supposed to get a huge ass when pregnant, but that just doesn't happen to me. (not that I'm complaining, it just makes finding cute pants difficult) I can't wait for nice weather, and then I'll switch to dresses and skirts! I have lots of those and they don't even have to be maternity!

Sleep: It's okay. I've actually found myself waking up on my stomach, which is crazy, cause that would make me like, a teeter-totter, but I still manage to wind up that way. Usually I wake up in pain, and realize it's because I'm laying on my stomach.

Baby movement: Lots of movement this week. Eric even felt a really hard kick at one point this weekend. At night I just sit in the recliner, with my legs up, a bag of chocolate covered marshmallows at my side, and my shirt pulled up and feel the baby all over the place. Kicking and squirming. It's pretty sweet, and super cute, as I'm sure you are imagining ;)

4 comments:

  1. Yay for 18 weeks! Your belly is SO cute:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I've read your post, all I want to do is go home, lay down, eat Cadbury mini eggs, and feel our baby move too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty short huh? Well when the warmer weather rolls around the "capris" will look cute! Glad to hear things are moving along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Emily, I also have very long legs! ;) Seriously though, your maternity clothes are totally saving me (and my wallet)!

    ReplyDelete