Monday, March 15, 2010

U Scan


I think you should have to take, and pass a test to be able to use the U-Scan at the grocery stores. (You know, where you can check out yourself) The whole point of those things is so you can just get it done yourself and get it done fast. However, when all 6 U-Scans are being used by people who clearly have never used, or even seen a cash register before, it defeats the purpose. (Hey Old Lady on U-Scan #4, YOU HAVE TO PUT THE SHIT IN THE BAG AFTER YOU SCAN IT....NOT YOUR CART! And while I'm at it, distracted mother of 5 on U-Scan #1, IT'S NOT CUTE TO LET YOUR KIDS DO THE SCANNING AT 5:30 PM, DURING THE BUSIEST TIME OF DAY. Oh, and you, Mr. "I just got back from the gym, and now I'm buying a protein shake" on U-Scan #3, IT'S A TOUCH SCREEN...YOU DON'T HAVE TO POUND ON THE SCREEN LIKE IT'S GOT BUTTONS) I also think that if you have ever worked as a cashier before, you should get a pass that sends you right to the front of the line. I promise...I'm faster than you are....

The moral of the story....if you don't know how to use it, DON'T USE IT. If you want to learn, go shopping in the middle of the night and practice.

4 comments:

  1. This also pertains to buying and using metrocards. I mean, there's a first time for everyone. But could your first time be after I go through the turnstile, giant tourist family? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I am the mom of five, but i don't let my kids scan. i am, however, the person who takes forever as i have to keep stopping to smack a hand/locate a wandering child/yell like a crazy person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw- another blogger you may enjoy... not for the faint of heart!
    http://barefootfoodie.com/2010/03/15/keeping-the-romance-alive-and-groomed/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, after I typed that I thought "oh, no. Abby is a mother of 5..." But, I wasn't talking about you, of course ;)

    And I totally follow barefoot foodie. (Mandi told me about her) She's so freakin' funny!

    ReplyDelete