Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My love affair with the label maker!



Am I a clean freak? I would say no, I hate cleaning. I love having a clean house, so I DO clean, but I hate it every step of the way. I keep it clean enough so that when people come over to our house, I'm not completely embarrassed, but I almost NEVER make the bed and I have mountains of laundry to do, at all times.

What I do love is organizing. I could get lost in The Container Store. I love when everything has a place and
those places are labeled! Before I was a mom, I was told by moms that once I have a baby, I'll have to just let stuff go and have a messy house. NOPE! IT GOT WORSE! Now I have a toddler that I have to keep the house organized for. I mean, God forbid he not know which container his binkies go in, or to have an exact place for all of the memorabilia, baby supply receipts and manuals, outgrown clothes, too big clothes, sheets, sheet protectors, changing pad covers, safety supplies, first aid supplies, travel supplies, pool supplies, extra diapers, extra wipes.....I think you get the point. My favorite organized place in the house is my shoe closet...yes I said shoe closet. It's an entire closet, designated just for shoes. I was willing to give up my linen closet for this shoe closet. Every shoe has a clear plastic box and every clear plastic box has a picture of the shoes that go inside on it. People make fun of me, but I always know where my shoes are....who's laughing now?


Now if I could only get my husband on board the organizational train in his domain.....

1 comment: