Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Half way

Well, it's July 14th. I'm almost half way to the end of the month of no Facebook. I've gotta be honest, it hasn't been too hard to not look, although I have had a few times that I've really wanted to escape to Facebook land. Today, for instance, was pretty hard. I've been having a rough day with the boys and all I really want is to socialize with grown ups. I don't want to talk about Elmo, or poop. I don't want to break up 2 year old fights. I don't want to put anyone in time out, or have to constantly correct behavior. I don't want to yell at the dogs for pissing in the house or trying to get food off the table. I just want to relax and be with grown ups. Well behaved grown ups. I've thought many times that I should just get back on Facebook. I feel like I've learned the lessons that I need to learn, I've found some new hobbies, I've made some new friends. Now, enough is enough. It's only Facebook. Just get back on there. But, I made a promise to myself that I would give this an entire month. I'm almost halfway there, and I won't be logging on to Facebook for another 17 days. So, until then I'll keep driving my friends crazy with the mass amount of texts they receive from me everyday, I'll keep sewing, I'll keep reading, I'll keep planning outings, and hopefully, before too long it will be August and I can, at least, make the decision to go on Facebook if I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment