Friday, April 2, 2010

Top 10 Songs

Here is my list of Top 10 Favorite Songs of All Time. This was very difficult for me. I kept trying to make it my favorite songs right now. That list would be very different, and I'll make it another time. I started with about 20 songs on the list and had to whittle it down to 10, but I'm fairly certain that I made the right choices. Notice, I didn't say "Top 10 Best songs". So, I don't want to hear any comments about how crappy a song is. I'll admit that many of these songs aren't that great, but they are my favorite, nonetheless. Many have special memories attached to them, or the lyrics mean something special to me. I'll say a little about each song to help you understand why I like them so much. I also changed my songs on the blog to match all of these songs on my list. If you've never heard any of them, I suggest you give them a listen!

SOOOOO....Here you go, in no particular order:

"Paul Revere" by Beastie Boys - I'm from Springfield, Ohio, which makes me, like, 33 1/3% ghetto. The Beastie Boys are each 33 1/3% ghetto, but there are 3 of them, which makes them 100% awesome. And this is the awesomest song of theirs. What's not to like about it...really?!

"Crush" by Dave Matthews Band - DMB is my favorite band of all time, so it goes without saying they'll make the list. Several times actually. When I listen to this song, I like to think that Dave wrote it just for me ;) He has the most amazing way with words.

"One Particular Harbour" by Jimmy Buffett - If you've never been to a Buffett show, you're dead to me. His concerts are, by far, the most fun you could ever have at a show. This song makes me feel like I'm back in Hawaii, listening to Buffett, drinking a daquari.

"Parents Just Don't Understand" by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - 30 somethings, you know what I'm talking about. Who would have thought that the little boy rapping in that song would turn out to be Will Smith? And BTW, I'm a parent and I totally understand.

"Power Of Two" by Indigo Girls - This is a great love song. "Multiply life by the power of two". Very sweet.....and no, I'm not a lesbian!

"Lie In Our Graves" by Dave Matthews Band - This song contains the greatest lyrics in the history of lyrics. "I can't believe that we would lie in our graves, wondering if we, had spent our living days well. I can't believe that we would lie in our graves, dreaming of things that we might have been." So completely true! This song makes me want to go out there and just effin' do it. Whatever it is.....

"It Don't Have to Change" by John Legend - Yep! I went to high school with John Legend. (John Stephens is how I know him) This song has his family (who I also know) singing with him, singing about the good ol' days. It makes me happy.

"Stand Up And Cheer" by The Ohio University Marching 110 - Ohio University was the best 5 years of my life. I was in the marching band. That's where I met my husband. That's where my sister met her husband. That's where I met a large majority of my friends. If you are thinking about making a "band nerd" comment right about now, shut the eff up. Unless you went to OU and were in the 110, you have no freakin' clue. I'm not even going to try to explain it to you, cause you'll never understand......I digress. I really wanted to put the 110's version of "Poison" on here, cause it's the best song, ever, but that wasn't an option on playlist.com.

"Southern Cross" by Jimmy Buffett - I'm aware that Jimmy covered this song, but I like his version better than Crosby Stills and Nash. I've seen the Southern Cross with my own 2 eyes (both the constellation that you can see from Australia, AND the trashy hotel in Key West).

"Bartender" by Dave Matthews Band - Another great song by Dave. In this song, the bartender is God, and he's asking him to fill his cup. It's an amazing, amazing song. If you've never really listened to it before, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment