Wednesday, May 18, 2011

28 Weeks

I'm officially in my third trimester! I feel like time has flown by, but I also feel like I can't believe that I still have three more months to go. I'm so ready to be not pregnant anymore. I hate to always compare this pregnancy to my last, but they are so completely different. I never felt all that big with Jackson and wasn't overly eager to not be pregnant anymore. If I could know for sure that the baby would be healthy, I'd have him today. Except we still don't have a name picked out....

I had my three hour glucose tolerance test done this morning. I have a super sweet friend that agreed to take Jackson for me, since I couldn't very well expect him to just sit on my lap for three hours. I have to say, it sucked. Perhaps not as bad as I was dreading it was going to suck, but it's definitely not something I'd want to do again. Drinking 10 ounces of 100 grams of sugar just about did me in. The four blood draws weren't all that terrible, except for the last one. My arms were pretty sore be the time they got to the fourth one. When I got to the lab and checked in, the guy at the front desk said "looks like you're going to be here a while". I jokingly asked if they had a bed, and he told me that they actually did have a
recliner in their storage room. It was one of those hospital style recliner/rockers, but hey, it was WAY better than sitting in the waiting room, getting continually coughed and breathed on by people who were there because their doctors don't even know what kind of crazy disease they have so they have to send them to the lab. (I can be a little sensitive about germs...) Anyway, the wait really wasn't so bad. After gagging down the drink, and the initial hour after, when my blood sugar was spiking, the other two hours seemed relatively easy. (despite those pesky blood draws) When I was finished, I picked up Jackson from my friend's house and took him to Wendy's for lunch. I think that first meal after this test should actually be part of the test too. I knew to take it easy (even though I was starving) and not eat too fast, in case my body was still pissed about the fasting/sugaring combo, but after just a couple bites I started sweating and shaking. It was definitely a "is it hot in here or is it just me" moment. This, coming from a girl who's internal body temperature is either cold, or colder. Just when I thought I was going to have to start shoving yellow napkins in my pits, I started feeling a little better and cooling off again. I feel pretty much back to normal now, except for being really tired and cranky, which, if you remember from last week's post, is to be expected when you mess with my blood sugar. I should get the results in the next few days. I'm hopeful that everything will come back normal, but if not, it's not the end of the world either. I'll just adjust where need be and have this baby in a couple months.

Baby's size:
About the weight of a Chinese Cabbage. 2 1/4 pounds and 14.8 inches from head to heel.


Belly size:
38 1/2 " around my belly. This hasn't changed from last week.


Cravings: There are things I want now and then, but nothing that I'm always wanting.

Mood: Fine, just really tired all the time.

Symptoms: Same as before. Lots of Braxton Hicks, even when I sit down and put my feet up for a while. My reflux is really really bad. It's been keeping me up throughout the night some nights, even though I'm taking medicine for it and popping Tums like nobody's business. I think I'll ask Eric to prop the head of our bed up even more than it already is. It's especially frustrating when I am SO tired and just want to sleep. Every time I lay down, up it comes.

Go to clothing: I'm over clothes this week. I just want stuff that covers my entire belly so the bottom of my belly doesn't hang out. (the tank top I'm wearing today isn't doing such a great job with that task)

Sleep:
I mentioned it before, but I'm so super tired all the time, but when I lay down, my reflux acts up. It's frustrating. Maybe my doctor can prescribe me something stronger?

Baby movement: I'm pretty sure he is still head up, and I'm wishing he would flip already. It's been a couple weeks of a head shoved into my stomach and tap dancing on my cervix. (I'm picturing my tiny 2 pound baby with tap shoes, a top hat and cane dancing down there right now)

1 comment:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your glucose test comes out good this time!

    By the way, love the visual of your baby tap dancing. I still can't tell which way mine is laying in there!

    ReplyDelete